Boats are back at Cannon Hall Park and Gardens
With spring weather hopefully on the horizon, it’s the perfect time to explore Cannon Hall’s stunning park and gardens. People will discover trails, walks, play equipment and of course the boats are sailing back for a second season!
A real hit with visitors the rowing boats and pedalo swans offer a magical experience for all the family, showcasing unique views of the historic landscape.
Operated by The Little Boat Company they are back in business from April to October with a whole host of new packages that are ‘shore’ to get people excited.
Keen to support local community groups, discounts on mid-week activities will be available to schools, colleges, Cubs, Scouts, Brownies, Girl Guides, Cadets, sports teams and other organisations on request.
New offers include:
- “Pedalo Fitness” sessions with timed laps and fun prizes.
- Nature walks for kids - identifying local flora, fauna and wildlife.
- After school clubs by the lake with fun boat rides.
- Family get-togethers/reunions by the lake.
- Fun sports games for kids in the park: rounders, football, frisbee etc.
- Team-building sessions/events for all ages.
- Birthday parties
- Bespoke gatherings and mini events
Alongside the spectacular outside spaces, Cannon Hall Museum is open with a magnificent display of arts and crafts that will transport visitors back to times of Georgian splendour. Entry to both is free of charge.
Cllr Tim Cheetham, Cabinet Spokesperson for Place (Regeneration and Culture) said: “The boats and pedalo swans have been a huge success, and it’s wonderful to see sailing equipment back on the lake in almost 70 years. The parklands have always offered moments of relaxation and joy and what could be more perfect than a super summer sail! With even more activities on offer, there is something for all ages to enjoy.”